What is Craniosacral Therapy?
CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
HOW CAN CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY HELP YOU?
By complementing the body's natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Migraine Headaches - Infantile Disorders
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain - Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Motor-Coordination Impairments - Colic - Central Nervous System Disorders - Orthopedic Problems
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Concussion andTraumatic Brain Injuries
- Chronic Fatigue - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders - Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Scoliosis - Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders